lunedì 4 luglio 2011

Vivienne Westwood shoes an exhibition 1973-2011

Hello fashion lovers,
the last two weeks I was really busy because my sister Alice went here in Darlington. I wasn't able to spend lots of time with her because I had to work but of course I tried my best to show her my city and the best shops I know! My mum recommended me to take Alice to visit some museums as well,so because I'm a good daughter I listened to my mum!
I checked in internet what was going on near Darlington and what we could have seen...at certain point I saw an ad:"Vivienne Westwood shoes an exhibition 1973-2011". I stopped in front of it and reading I discovered I was able to go to see the exhibition which was located in a city near mine in a big museum. Arrived to the Bowes Museum of Barnard Castle my sister and me were so excited to have the opportunity to see the most important shoes of the fantastic designer.
The exhibion is running around the world and it took place in Barnard Castle only for a month, next stop will be Tokyo and after that New York so we were really lucky!
"Shoes must have very high heels and platforms to put women’s beauty on a pedestal” Vivienne said and believing in it she made amazing pairs of shoes which has revolutionized the fashion world!
She was the first stylist who create the pirate boot and the sack boots which are still on fashion and everybody likes. Vivienne is the art herself and her creations are absoluting amazing. You can like Picasso because he reinveted the way of painting, I like her because she reinvented the way of designing shoes.
Art is the tree toungue shoe and the Apollo one!
Always full of new ideas, sometimes provocative (the penis shoes), Vivienne decided to put up that exhibition which conteined her most succesful shoes ever: rope sandals, amazing ankle boots, fantastic toe shoes, funny and different Bell sandals and shiny Swarovski sandals. The best pair was a really creative one which was made from Heineken, Coke and Guinnes cans for a fantastic result!
Yes, the Westwood is an artist and if you need other confirmation of that you can look at the collection she made in collaboration with Gina or LV. If still you don't believe me you have a little bit of time until the 10 of July to run to the Bowes museum and see all with your own eyes.
It was an unique experience that couldn't happen twice in a life, absolutely amazing and all that because I listen to my mum.
Moral of the story: the mum is always right!
xxx


Ciao a tutte voi amanti della moda,
le scorse due settimane sono stata molto occupata poichè mia sorella Alice è venuta a trovarmi a Darlington. Purtroppo non ho avuto molto tempo a disposizione da dedicarle ma ho cercato di fare il mio meglio nel mostrarle la mia città e farle conoscere i miei negozi preferiti.
Mia mamma naturalmente mi ha raccomandato di portarla anche a visitare musei e, poichè sono una brava figlia, mi sono messa al computer in cerca di mostre o musei vicino alla mia città da poter visitare.
Ed ecco che d'un tratto appare di fronte a me un post: "Vivienne Westwood shoes an exhibition 1973-2011". Mi blocco di colpo e scopro che la mostra della grandissima stilista si tiene nel Bowes Museum di Barnard Castle non molto lontano da Darlington.
Arrivate al museo io e mia sorella eravamo eccitatissime all'idea di avere questa grande possibilità. Questa mostra infatti è importantissima a livello internazionale e sta facendo il giro del mondo. Dal 10 giugno al 10 luglio avete le possibilità di recarvi a Barnard Castle, dopodichè sarà in Giappone, New York e China.
"Shoes must have very high heels and platforms to put women’s beauty on a pedestal” è il credo della stilista, che seguendolo ha creato scarpe fantastiche e adorate in tutto il mondo.
E' stata lei l'inventrice dei famosissimi stivali a sacco e stivali da pirata, molto amati ancora ai nostri giorni. Probabilmente alcune di voi adorano Picasso e pansano sia stato un genio poichè ha rivoluzionato il mondo dell'arte...bhe io adoro Vivienne poichè ha rivoluzionato inserendo nuovi particolari il mondo delle calzature. Arte sono le scarpe di Apollo e le scarpe con tre linguette disegnate da lei. Sempre innovativa e a volte provocante (è stata lei a lanciare le scarpe a forma di pene) Vivienne ha deciso di dar vita a questa collezione che comprende i successi della stilista dal 1973 al 2011 e contiene: sandali da gladiatore fantastici, stivali all'ultimo grido, sandali con Swarovski e Sandali arricchiti da campannellini!
A togliermi il fiato sono stati dei sandali ricavati da lattine di Coca Cola, Heineken e Guinnes: assolutamente fantastici!
Si, la Westwood è un'artista e se non ne siete convinti potete sbirciare le collezione create da lei in collaborazione con LV e Gina, e se ancora non vi basta affrettatevi e correte al Bowes Museum di persona per ammirare le sue opere d'arte.
Quest'esperienza non vi accadrà due volte nella vita, come non riaccadrà a me. Mi ritengo molto fortunata e tutto questo solo perchè ho ascoltato mia mamma. Morale della favola? la mamma ha sempre ragione!!!
xxx

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento